1. WHY DO YOU REQUIRE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION? There is a substantial amount of skill needed to correctly implement a cognitive-behavioral program. "Workin' It Out" is intended to challenge participants' lifelong patterns of thinking and behavior, and it really works when it is done properly. To protect conceptual integrity and increase the likelihood of success, the programs are available ONLY to those willing to participate in a 3-day certification-based course.
2. WILL I BE ALLOWED TO TRAIN OTHER STAFF AS INSTRUCTORS? No, you'll be certified only as an "instructor," and approved to deliver the curriculum only to program participants (clients, customers, students, offenders, etc.) You may offer your staff workshops based on the content, but it takes a great deal of skill and experience to train other instructors properly, and we take this mission very seriously. We are considering training a limited number of "Master Trainers" who will eventually be certified to certify instructors, but this is a multi-step process open only by invitation.
3. WHAT HAPPENS DURING AN INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION COURSE? During the course, each participant will have the opportunity to experience the entire curriculum from beginning to end. You will observe and deliver successful demonstration lessons, get individualized feedback, and discuss implementation issues.
4. WHAT ABOUT MATERIALS*? Certified trainers will receive a fully scripted Trainer's Manual, PowerPoint CD with presentations for each lesson, access to the Trainer's Only page of the website, a starter set of ten (10) consumable Participant Workbooks, and numerous reproducible supplements to aid in delivery of the programs. Consumable workbooks for program implementation cost as little as $5.00 each in volume.
5. HOW MUCH DOES INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION COST? The cost of each 3-day instructor certification course is described on the registration form: FOR REGIONAL TRAININGS: $650/person including materials fee (West Coast slightly higher).
FOR ONSITE TRAININGS: With a miniumum of 10 staff, we will schedule an onsite training at YOUR location. Onsite training eliminates staff travel costs, and allows you to schedule a training based on YOUR needs. Contact Dr. Steve Parese by email SBParese@aol.com for a detailed proposal of rates and dates.
6. WILL I BE CERTIFIED TO DELIVER ALL OF THE PROGRAMS? No, but it is available. The base training is generally in either the "Workin' It Out" program (for inexperienced workers) or the "Makin' It Work" program (for formerly incarcerated people). Regardless of the training you attend however, instructors can be cross-trained to deliver any or all of the other programs as well with a small commitment of additional time (1-2 hours) and money ($125/program), usually accomplished during the same training event. (Due to its unique content, cross-training is not usually available for "Workin' with Tradition" program.)
7. HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR TRAINING? Simply mouse over the "Instructor Training" tab, then select the event you are interested in attending. Download the registration form and fax it in to 336-593-2299. Then mail a check or call us with your credit card number. Or, if you prefer, you can email us at SBParese@aol.com for a registration packet.
8. I DON'T SEE A TRAINING IN MY AREA! No worries. If there are at least 10 people interested in training in a given region, we'll organize a new training of instructors. Just email Dr. Steve Parese at SBParese@aol.com and we'll set it up.
9. WILL YOU DO ON-SITE TRAINING FOR AN AGENCY? Absolutely! We can certify as few as 10 or as many as 24 instructors in an onsite training. Call Dr. Steve Parese (336) 593-3533 or e-mail us (SBParese@aol.com) for a proposal of costs and availability.
Workin' It Out Soft Skills Training Dr. Steve Parese SBParese@aol.com